Level 3 AP&P Taster
A bespoke blended learning module designed for Complementary Therapists and Wellness Professionals
This accredited and certificated module provides students with a carefully sequenced learning experience that combines structured reading with online learning and assessment activities in preparation for a final online examination and written assignment linked to individual conditions and contraindications to treatment.
Your enrolment includes all administration and certification, FREE membership to ThinkTree Hub as a student or fully qualified member and TWO Discounted comprehensive text books for you to buy (see below, RRP £40.98) that are yours to keep and use within your studies and for reference when qualified and practicing as a therapist. Simply click the links below and the distributor will dispatch both texts to arrive within around 5 days.
Click here for Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
Click here for Healing Massage or here Healing Massage
Written in a clear approachable style, this is the most comprehensive text book currently available for anyone studying anatomy and physiology at level 2 or 3. Designed for use both in the classroom and as a home study resource, it provides all the information necessary to meet or exceed the curriculum requirements of all the major international awarding bodies. RRP £21.99
This book has been written from years of experience in working with and teaching massage and seeks to provide practical information on using massage to treat a range of medical conditions. Massage has been used for thousands of years to treat a whole array of conditions and was traditionally passed down through families as part of everyday life. With the increase in modern medicine two things have happened; firstly the power of massage has been largely forgotten, and secondly, with the increase of a litigious culture, it has been politicised and people have become scared to touch for fear of litigation. It seeks to both educate and empower two groups of people; the qualified massage practitioner wanting a ready reference book for unfamiliar conditions, and every day people wanting to help a friend or family member who is dealing with a health problem. While in many cases individuals will feel happier going to see a qualified practitioner, there may be times when for reasons of finance, life circumstances, or simply client choice, that this is not possible, and it is perfectly fine to use massage in the home. RRP £18.99
The Units you will study on this course are:
- The Organisation of the Body
- The Skin, Hair and Nails
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- The Nervous System
- The Endocrine System
- The Respiratory System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Lymphatic and Immune System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Reproductive System
You will also be asked to submit a written assessment detailing four personal reflections aligned to specific conditions and the contraindications to treatment impacting on your professional practice. A detailed writing frame / guidance is provided, each reflection has a word count limit of 350 words.
A final online exam (open book) comprising of 50 multiple choice questions is the final assessment, the Pass mark required is 80%, resits are available at no cost.
This course and related content has been created and approved by ThinkTree. ThinkTree is an international professional association for healthcare, wellness and wellbeing. Established by experts from the world of education, medical profession, business, therapy including subject matter experts, governing bodies and councils. Headed up by Kush Kumar to support you in your journey to create your first course. www.thinktreehub.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
- ThinkTree accredited courses are provided by experts in their field and are evaluated using a standardised quality assurance framework.
- ThinkTree accredits / approves and recognises courses globally (subject to country)
- Courses are delivered by experts in the industry whose qualifications are vetted as part of our quality assurance process.
- Accredited courses align to NVQ levels and are compliant with insurance criteria.
- ThinkTree members can also participate in free online training, webinars and blogs that attract CPD points and Certificates
- ThinkTree members receive a discount on all courses and CPD workshops
- Asking students to undertake specific roles which require demonstration of wider professional skills
- Design tasks and activities with sufficient complexity
- Recognising compliance with professional / managerial behaviours
- Designing scenarios incorporating relevant professional, managerial or ethical issue
- Asking students to use relevant interpersonal and communication skills
- Design activities that incorporate literacy, numeracy and digital literacy