Level 3 Business & Management for Health & Wellness Professionals
Essential business and management knowledge for Health & Wellness Professionals
This L3 Business & Management module provides health and wellness professionals with an introduction to the competencies required to successfully launch, develop and operate a small business. It provides an easy to understand overview of:
1 Legal and financial requirements
2 Business and marketing planning
A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded on successful completion of an on-screen multiple choice quiz (Pass Grade 80%)
This module and related content has been created and approved by ThinkTree.
ThinkTree is an international professional association for healthcare, wellness and wellbeing. Established by experts from the world of education, medical profession, business, therapy including subject matter experts, governing bodies and councils. Headed up by Kush Kumar and ThinkTree Education Consultant Maureen Abson from Fusion Massage Training, we have all come together to support you in your journey to create success with expert help and advice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- ThinkTree accredited courses are provided by experts in their field and are evaluated using a standardised quality assurance framework.
- ThinkTree accredits / approves and recognises courses globally (subject to country)
- Courses are delivered by experts in the industry whose qualifications are vetted as part of our quality assurance process.
- Accredited courses align to NVQ levels and are compliant with insurance criteria.
- ThinkTree members can also participate in free online training, webinars and blogs that attract CPD points and Certificates
- ThinkTree members receive a discount on all courses and CPD workshops
- Asking students to undertake specific roles which require demonstration of wider professional skills
- Design tasks and activities with sufficient complexity
- Recognising compliance with professional / managerial behaviours
- Designing scenarios incorporating relevant professional, managerial or ethical issue
- Asking students to use relevant interpersonal and communication skills
- Design activities that incorporate literacy, numeracy and digital literacy